Available from your local independent funeral provider
A pre-paid funeral plan is a sensible and cost-effective way to reduce the financial and emotional burden on you family. Our plans are locally priced and tailored to suit your requirements. You can pay in full or by instalments. We also have a selection of three funeral packages to chose from if you are not comfortable discussing the details.
You can choose your funeral arrangements, for your own peace of mind
- You will save your family from having to make difficult decisions, trying to guess what you would have wanted, at such a distressing time
- Fix our direct costs and make a contribution to third party costs
- Financial security – the funeral payment is held securely until it is needed
- The service will be provided by your local Funeral Director
- Anyone aged 18 or over can take out a plan. There's no upper age limit and no medical or health questions to answer
- You can make a once-only payment or pay by monthly instalments, whichever suits you
- All enquiries and arrangements are treated in confidence
- Complies with the Funeral Planning Authority Code of Practice and the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
Here are some of the questions you might want to ask, but please call us if there is anything else you would like to know about the plan.
What if I move home?
If you move, Ecclesiastical Planning Services can transfer your plan to a Funeral Director in that area. Funeral costs vary from one area to another and you will be advised of any difference in cost at that stage.
Can I buy a plan for someone else?
Yes. We will need the name, address and date of birth of the person to be covered but we will send all correspondence to you.
What if I change my mind later?
If you change your mind within the first month of receiving your plan documents you can return them for a full refund, with no questions asked. If you cancel your plan at a later date, your refund will be less your initial management fee - please refer to the terms and conditions.
Is there an age limit or health restrictions?
Anyone aged 18 or over can take out a plan. There is no upper age limit and there are no medical or health questions to answer.
How do I know the money will be safe?
Every penny of the full value of the plan (excluding the initial management fee) is held securely in a whole of life assurance policy and ring-fenced to pay for your funeral when the time comes. The money is made immediately available at the time of need and the funds cannot be used for anything other than your funeral for total peace of mind. Our plan provider is registered with the Funeral Planning Authority.
Can I pay by instalments?
Yes, there are a range of options - please ask for details. Payment by instalments usually costs more than a single payment and if you die before completing all of the instalments the funeral will only be part-paid and your money will be used as a contribution towards your funeral.
What if the cost of funerals increases?
Funerals, like everything else, are affected by inflation and the cost of a funeral will almost certainly increase before you need one. However once you have purchased a pre-payment plan the funeral specified will be provided for you when it is needed without any further charge to you or your family (but please refer to the note on “disbursements”). This is one of the most important benefits and why it has become so popular with our clients in recent years. You can also choose to make a contribution towards third party costs. There may be more to pay at the time of need.
What if I die away from home?
We recommend that you take out travel insurance when you go on holiday, especially if you travel abroad, which usually covers bringing you back home if necessary. Alternatively we can quote for the extra cost involved.
Does the plan include disbursements?
Each plan usually includes a contribution towards other expenses, such as crematorium or cemetery fees, doctors’ fees for a cremation certificate and minister’s or church fees - these fees are known as “disbursements”. This is intended to cover most of the usual disbursements, but please note that they are outside of our control and cannot be guaranteed.
You can include a larger, or smaller, contribution towards disbursements if you wish - please ask if you need advice on this point.
Purchasing a plan is easy - and it only takes a few minutes to deal with:
- Discuss your wishes with your Funeral Director, who will calculate the plan price.
- Choose whether to make a single payment or, if you prefer to pay by instalments, decide over what period (up to five years).
- Do you have any questions? If so please contact your Funeral Director.
- Give your application form to your Funeral Director, or send it to Ecclesiastical Planning Services, together with a cheque for either the full amount or the first instalment (you will receive a banker’s order form to cover the remaining payments). Please make your cheque payable to Ecclesiastical Planning Services Ltd. Please do not send cash in the post.
You can also purchase a plan online from our plan providers website (Ecclesiastical Planning Services). Click on the buy online button below.
Terms and conditions apply to funeral plans – please ask for details.
“I am so glad it has all been settled. It really is a weight off my mind.”
Funeral plans are available to buy online
Our online funeral plans facility is provided by Ecclesiastical Planning Services, a leading UK funeral plan provider. It enables customers to plan and make provision for their funeral from the comfort of their own home, in just 3 simple steps.
Click below to visit the website of Ecclesiastical Planning Services, our funeral plan provider, for information about our set plans and to purchase online.